Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Field Day Miracle

Today was Field DAY! I LOVE Field DAY! It is also Spirit week. Which is full of fun days and more competition.
Apparently I'm a little competitive.
While comparing my competitiveness to someone else's Flo said, "She is like Shirley Temple compared to your Stalin."
So I might need to change.
       
I yelled at these kids, I cheered them on. I held them to a high standrad and they made me proud. We won field day!
Also this is the CUTEST picture I have ever seen!!!!

This week is high stress for me. I like to win. That's normal. It might run around in my head like a lot. Spirit week is not my job but I like to be enthusiastic with the kids and I need to keep teaching with kids dressed in silly outfits who are NOT focused. ALSO our missions trip is next week and THIS MORNING we had 1600 out of 3500. I was gettin a little worried.

I was taking a nap after the madness that was Field Day. I woke up to a phone call from Allison Pilliod, she happens to be my favorite mermaid but that's besides the point. She said go look at your gofundme website (http://www.gofundme.com/CCAVolcan2014). I checked and immediately started freaking out.
$100
$500
$250
All while I was taking a nap. In between then and now...
$100
$100
$100
$50
$100.

Everyone of these donations has a story. And that story continues next week when we leave for Volcan. I am thankful. The perfect day for God to remind me that he's got it all under control.

Friends were praying THIS MORNING about God showing off and providing. He did. People who donated have connections to the school, have not met any of the kids, are teachers at the school, are friends, and grandparents. Here is the beauty of community. God has called us to each other and to carry each others burdens it is the best to see that come to life. We have been going through the book of Nehemiah and talking about his burden for those people and how he couldn't build the wall himself. I have really felt like what God is going to do "will be among us."
I have no idea where that came from but I can see it happening all around me.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment