Monday, November 11, 2013

The men in my life

Leonard (my second oldest brother) came to visit this week. Big brothers should always visit little sisters who live in foreign countries on their own. Its just the right thing to do. Both my brothers have done the right thing this year.
I had the privilege of growing up as the only girl with two older brothers and I highly recommend it. I want the same for my little girl (whoever she is whenever she comes).
I've learned so many things like:
Not putting up with people's crap
Boys should pay for dinner -Leonard
Girls should get kissed on the forehead- Job
and much more
I was always taken care and provided for and I have not noticed this until recent years.

What it has made me notice is that MEN should always protect, provide and lead. It is God's design and what I expect even if I don't say so.
Here are some stories about how I've gotten to see this play out in my life:

Daddy-
My parents just finalized their divorce last month and I found my dad asking me, "Do you think the man who will ask to marry you will judge you based on my divorce." WOAH! I said no and I got to tell my dad how grateful I was that when I was little we went on dates and he taught me that girls walk on the left side of man because that's where his heart is. Sure their divorce breaks my heart but I'm glad I had him home when I did and I'm sure future hubs will think the same.

Cousins-
I have a heap of guy cousins. When I was in France visiting some of them I was again the only girl around and I got to be the princess. I remember walking down the Champs Elysees with one guy cousin in front and the other in back. They had been doing that all day where ever we went. One leading the other protecting. How cool is that!

Students-
Panama almost made it to the World Cup. They needed to play the States and win to make it. I got to go to the game and I got a seat upgrade and sat with the Senior boys who all went to the game. I wanted the full experience and it was well worth it. The game was intense but that is a story for another day. When I found the boys they had saved a seat for me right in the middle. They bought me water. They explained anything and everything. They made sure to stick by my side while we were walking out and made sure I found the other teachers before they left me. Those kids were raised well!

What's been going on in my heart:
I can't wait to raise men of God. Seriously. I don't want kids anytime soon but man I can't wait to beam with pride when I see them protecting, providing and leading.
I have this special burden for boys in my heart. Its weird, I know. I don't do much with it but I hope that I can speak to the thing inside every boy that calls them to be men of honor.
I feel like that has been lost in my generation and the way our society is moving it seems like we are crippling our boys rather than challenging them to be real men.

I'm done now.

(I can't believe I got Leonard to do this LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment